Role of Students
The students are expected to take maximum advantage of the training programme. They will be exposed to the work environment and will need to adapt accordingly.
Particular Responsibilities of the Students
Being a temporary staff of an organisation, the student will be required to:
- Understand that the placement is a professional experience and perform to the best of his/her abilities;
- Confirm to the regulations and policies of the placement organisation and adapt to the placement organisation’s culture, methods, leadership and programs;
- Ensure the confidentiality of any sensitive information pertaining to the organisation;
- Be well groomed and appropriately dressed;
- Notify the supervisor of the placement organisation in advance when possible, of any absences or lateness from scheduled work hours;
- Consult the supervisor in the event of any problems or concerns related to the work placement
- Submit a report to his/her Department SWEP Coordinator at the University by 27th July 2009, as per guidelines provided.