In view of the increasing importance of quality in Higher Education and the important role assigned to Quality Assurance and Enhancement in the University Strategic Plan (1999-2004) towards achieving the University's mission, a Quality Assurance Office falling under the aegis of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Curriculum Development, Distance Education, Quality Assurance and International Affairs) was set up in October 2002. Since 2013, the Quality Assurance Office falls under the aegis of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Academia) and the Strategic Plan (2015-2020) was revised outlining six strategic directions, two of which entail achieving excellence in teaching and learning, research and innovation.
The Quality Assurance Office is headed by the Director, Dr. (Ms.) F. Khodabocus. The Director is supported by an Administrative Officer, Mrs. N D Seewoogobin, an Executive Assistant, a Clerk, Mrs. K. Narajee, a Confidential Secretary and Mrs. H Teeluckdharry. A Quality Assurance Officer, Ms. S. Chiniah joined the office in January 2019 to assist the Director in ensuring the effectiveness of the objectives of the Office in line with the Institution’s vision to become a leading international tertiary-education provider as a research-led university and to provide quality education to students while responding to national and global developmental needs.
The Office is situated on the 6th floor of Academic Complex Tower Block, University of Mauritius.
- The main duties of the Director, Quality Assurance are to:
- provide leadership for Quality Assurance and Good Practice at the University;
- lead the development and oversee the implementation of University-wide basis policy in Quality Assurance;
- lead, co-ordinate and support Quality Assurance and Enhancement Management System across the University;
- contribute to the identification, development and promotion of the University's aims and objectives in the Strategic Plan; and
- contribute to the formulation of the University's Quality Assurance and Enhancement Policies and Practices and to their implementation and monitoring across the University and, where appropriate, in collaborative partner institutions.
Contact: Director, Quality Assurance – Dr. (MS) F. Khodabocus
Phone: (230) 403 7475
Fax: (230) 454 9642